Friday 1 May 2009

Anna And The King

I recently saw 'Anna And The King.' I think this Is a wonderful film. The movie Is based on Anna and the King of Siam, the story of Anna Leonowens, who was an English schoolteacher In Siam, now Thailand, In the 19th century.
The film is a remake of Anna and the King of Siam, but this one Is not a musical like The King And I (thank the stars)
The film was directed by Andy Tennant and stars Jodie Foster, Chow Yun-Fat and Tom Felton. It was mostly shot In Malaysia, particularly In the Penang and Ipoh region. It was an Academy Award nominee In 2000 for Best Art Direction and Best Costume Design.
I would recommend this film to everyone. The settings are beautiful and there are slight comedy moments. Im sure It will be shown on television more often around this time because It was made In 1999!
Also, If you listen to the ending credits, there Is a wonderful song called, 'How Can I Not Love You' by Joy Enriquez.

No comments:

Post a Comment